News and Blog

Small Business Optimism Soars Above Inflationary Clouds

Small Business Optimism Soars Above Inflationary Clouds Small businesses feel good about the future, according to the Q3 MetLife and…

Read More

What Really Caused Inflation

What Really Caused Inflation New Federal Reserve research finds that well-understood economic factors stemming from supply and demand caused inflation….

Read More
View All

Doing Business in Vail Valley

Because the climb is worth the view

“At the end of the day, it’s about how high you climbed, how many miles you rode.”
-Andy Jessen, Bonfire Brewing

Andy’s right, a successful life is measured differently here. We live here to not only work hard, but play hard. To read more stories from real people about life and business in the Vail Valley, click here.

Mountain Living

The Vail Valley is located in Eagle County, Colorado and offers ten unique community experiences to suit all sorts of people, businesses and lifestyles.

Tools & Resources

Vail Valley Economic Development has a hefty catalog of resources available to business owners and entrepreneurs looking to set up camp in the Vail Valley.

Meet Your Guides

Get in touch with your guides to get the support and resources you need.

Around Vail Valley

Whether you’re looking for a recreational hotbed or want to tap into a promising business sector, there’s a place for you in the Vail Valley.


Total population
Eagle County communities in and around the Vail Valley comprise about 80% of Eagle County's total population. The other 20% live elsewhere in the county, with significant populations centers (El Jebel and Basalt) located in the Roaring Fork Valley. The Colorado State Demographer's office projects Eagle County's population will grow to 59,284 by 2020.
median age
The median age in Eagle County is 34. The family age group of 25-44 makes up 36% of our population.
mountain biking miles
And this is just what we could reliably count. So many pedal revolutions await. On your lunch hour. Midnight hour. Whenever. Because it's all here, all the time, right outside your door.
median household income
hiking miles
Committing to a life of business in the Vail Valley is a prime example of "taking the road less traveled."

It takes a special person to make it a reality. One who takes action and is motivated by challenges. Who works hard and plays hard. Who commits and doesn't give up easily. Of course, here, you can take the road less traveled while you're taking the road less traveled. Nearly 600 miles of hiking trails await those with the passion and drive to explore them.
average life expectancy of Vail Valley residents
If you're going to live this long, make sure you live it well. Come live it with us!
unemployment rate
As of September 2017, Eagle County's local unemployment rate was 1.7%. Local unemployment rates have been less than 5% for the past 36 months.
skiable acres
Vail and Beaver Creek Resorts offer over 7,100 acres of some of the most magnificent lift-served ski terrain in the United States. A wintry day in New York City might have you reaching for a bowl of soup. The same day in the Vail Valley will have you reaching for your skis and trying a taste of Vail's legendary Back Bowls. Available 7 days a week for nearly 160 days per year.

Explore Our Valley

EagleVail Wolcott Edwards Avon Beaver Creek Eagle Gypsum Minturn Red Cliff Vail Denver >>