Because a good guide can make all the difference
Whether you’re a seasoned business professional new to the Valley, or are new to entrepreneurship altogether, the Vail Valley offers a tightly-knit group of professionals ready and willing to help you transition into and commit to doing business in the mountains.
Local & Regional Resources
- Eagle County Resource Directory: Published annually by the Eagle River Youth Coalition, this guide provides a comprehensive directory of all major services to connect you to our community. A Spanish version is also available.
- Colorado Mountain College – Online courses for Small Business Owners: Sharpen your skills or learn new ones with instructor-facilitated online courses.
- Colorado Small Business Development Center Network (SBDC): Dedicated to helping small and mid-size businesses throughout Colorado achieve their goals by providing free and confidential consulting and low-cost training programs.
- Northwest Colorado Council of Governments Economic Development District (NWCCOG EDD) A voluntary association of local governments in northwest Colorado that works together on a regional basis to strengthen and grow our economy in diverse, collaborative, and sustainable ways. Their website is packed with helpful resources for local businesses & entrepreneurs.
- Northwest Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The Northwest Colorado SBDC is dedicated to developing new and existing entrepreneurs resulting in an established future of work for our communities.
- SCORE Denver: Nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth, and success of small business in Colorado, offering free mentoring and low-cost training.
- Vail Centre: Vail Centre designs interactive learning experiences that bring together great thinkers and doers, state and local groups and university partners.
Online Business Resources
- Census Business Builder: Small Business Edition: Provides selected demographic and economic data help you dial-in your business plan quickly and easily.
- Colorado Business Resource Book: One of the most comprehensive business start-up and sustainability guides available in the nation.
- Dell Social Media Toolkit: A guide to how small and medium sized businesses can make the most of social media.
- Forbes Small Business Toolkit: Tips on financing and capital, overcoming fear, sales & marketing, operations, and the human side of successful business operations.
- U.S. SBA Affordable Care Act Web Page: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act enacted comprehensive health insurance reforms. Learn what the law means for small businesses.
State & Federal Business Resources
- Census Business Builder: Small Business Edition
- Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- Colorado State Agency Directory
- BusinessUSA, Federal business resources and information
- U.S. Department of Commerce – Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Labor & Employment
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- U.S. Small Business Administration