Steady – That word most accurately describes the 2018 Colorado economic forecast.
After adding jobs at a rate of 2.2% in both 2016 and 2017, Colorado will add jobs at a rate of 2.0% in 2018. There have been a few bumps along the way, but three years of job growth in the range of 2.0% to 2.2% can only be described as steady!
The Colorado economy is a happening place and there are a lot of moving parts. A few of the things to watch for in 2018 are:
- Health care will add the most jobs
- Unemployment is too low
- Vehicle sales are strong
- Wage growth is weak
- DIA has a record number of passengers
- Net migration is strong
- Inflation is out of sight
- Record oil production
- Ski areas were late getting snow
- There will be no recession – this year
- To top it off, the 71st General Assembly is off to the races.
For the most part, the 2018 economy is going to be a steady story.
For additional economic information about the Colorado economy go to https://cber.co/. Best wishes for a steady 2018!