The 2016 Economic Indicators report for Eagle County is now available from Vail Valley Economic Development. The most recent available data sources were used for each category.
We hope you find this information helpful in maintaining an informed, high-level view of economic conditions across Eagle County and consider how these factors may affect your business and our communities.
Here are some highlights:
- Eagle County Sales Tax Collections hit record highs in 2015, breaking the $14M mark.
- Real estate transactions and overall dollar volume remain on the upswing for the third consecutive year.
- Local communities should prepare for and expect population growth for the foreseeable future, particularly in the 65+ age demographic.
- Local Average Weekly Wages are $193/week lower than the Colorado AWW, connected to the fact that tourism (our base industry) remains directly responsible for 47% of local employment.
- Enplanements at Eagle County Regional Airport declined for the 5th consecutive year, dropping by 46,439 passengers since 2010 and nearly 74,000 since the peak in 2007.
To view the full report click here.